Coronavirus (Covid-19) Policy
Last updated 28th September 2022 - While our response to the coronavirus remains very dynamic, our policies may change at short notice. Our objectives are to balance steps needed to limit the transmission of covid-19 and keeping settings open to enable parents to under-taken study or employment. We continue to update our policies with guidance from national and local governments.
The Covid-19 virus is still around even though we have made many steps to reduce its spread, in particular via the vaccination.
We are recommending that all staff and children that have the below symptoms of Covid-19 to do a LFD test to determine if they have Covid-19 and those symptoms cannot be confused with a normal flu.
- a high temperature or shivering (chills) – a high temperature means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- shortness of breath
- feeling tired or exhausted
- an aching body
- a headache
- a sore throat
- a blocked or runny nose
- loss of appetite
- feeling sick or being sick
If the test come back positive, we request that you don’t attend the breakfast, afterschool or holiday play-scheme for 48 hours.
If the test comes back as negative, the individual can attend the setting, (as long as your well enough to) with the strong advice to follow the hygiene measures such us cover your nose and mouth when you cough and sneeze, wash hands with soap, use sanitiser hand gel, clean the surroundings.
If you have any questions on this policy, please drop us an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).